Glasses that get darker the brighter the sun gets aren’t new, but Endura’s are the best value ones we’ve encountered. The idea makes a great deal of sense on rides that move from out in the open into woodland or on changeable days.
Compared to some photochromic lenses, these don’t seem to get quite as dark, but they’re fine for anything but the harshest sunlight. At the other end of the spectrum, we were happy wearing them on a grey, cloudy winter day under the trees, so they have a very useful range.
The styling is perhaps a little derivative but they look good and the shape works well to keep trail debris out, although depending on the shape of your face you might want something a little deeper.
This article was originally published in What
Mountain Bike magazine.
What’s the score with BikeRadar reviews? You can find a full
explanation of our ratings here.
* 2-piece photochromic Lens
* Ergonomic MTB cycle fit with optimal protection
* Rubber-touch nose piece
* Temples with soft rubber-touch overlays
* Carry case and microfibre bag
* Dual purpose glasses for on and off the bike
* Supplied complete with hard case and soft wipe microfibre carry pouch